The 2:52 Challenge Special Interest Programme is a 12-24 month programme, mainly for 16-25 year-olds, designed to challenge young people who have a passion for football to grow and live life on purpose.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS WILL DO TO:
- Complete an FA Level 1 Coaching Course.
- Take part in workshops that develop money management skills and set personal and financial goals.
- Complete either a Days for Girls or Men Who Know online course to help understand attitudes relating to reproductive health in Zambia.
- Devise and carry out a personal exercise programme that will improve overall fitness
- Devise and practise a healthy eating plan that will support overall well-being
- Take an active part in discussions about spirituality and how that relates to being an athlete
- Learn about first aid, safeguarding and health & safety issues
- Take part in volunteering activities that benefit your local community
- You will give a presentation about the volunteering activities at home and overseas
- Fundraise to pay for your flights and volunteering costs
- Attend an Orientation Weekend and make final preparations for the overseas trip
- Help to coach school children in Ndola, Zambia, ending with a football tournament and awards ceremony at the Zambian National Stadium
- Offer practical support tot he community in Zambia e.g. painting at an orphanage or building a classroom
- Attend a service at a local church
- Deliver either a Days for Girls or Men Who Know course to young women or men in Zambia
- Enjoy a day and night of relaxation at a Zambian game reserve
ACTIVE PROSPORT FOUNDATION
We will be working with Active Prosport Foundation in Ndola. The programme they run is a fusion of sport, health and empowerment.
07-09 June 2019. Held in Newtown, Wales. This weekend will be an opportunity for your team to make final preparations for the overseas trip.
tbc 10 days August 2019
You must be at least 16 years of age to take part in this 2:52 Challenge Football Special Interest Programme. If you are under 18, or under 25 and have special needs, your parent or guardian will need to sign a consent form.
For more information and to secure your place on the 2:52 Challenge Football Special Interest Programme
2:52 Challenge is a member of Global Connections. Soapbox Trips, the travel arm of 2:52 Challenge is recognised by Global Connections as operating under the Code of Best Practice in Short-Term Mission 2007 – 2020