Everyone has to eat, so if you are handy in the kitchen why not use your skills to raise some funds for your Get Overseas trip or your 2:52 Challenge group.
If you try any of these please let us know how you get on, how successful it was and how
- We love the name of this idea. Ask friends and family to create their own artwork (painting, sculptures, poems, anything) and hold a Noodles and Doodles Night. Display the artwork while you serve chicken noodles (or spagehetti) and sauce then hold a silent auction or fast live auction to sell off the artwork.
- Hold a Themed Dinner Party to mark Valentine’s Day, Easter, a Birthday, Eurovision Song Contest, New Year’s Eve or something else. Decorate the room and choose a menu that matches your theme. Charge friends to come or ask for a donation. You could even sell Romantic Dinners for Couples. If a posh dinner party is not your thing, you could hold a more relaxed Summer BBQ.
- Host a Chocolate Desserts Competition. Charge people for the privilege of tasting all of the treats and judging the best entrant. You can award prizes, hold a raffle and even have a live band to bring entertainment on the evening. Hold it near Easter or Valentines for maximum success.
- Celebrate the Joy of Puddings and invite people to come out for pudding. Make three or four puddings and charge people to try all of them throughout the evening.
- Host a bake sale or coffee morning. You could bake and sell Sweets for Someone Sweet. You could even deliver them locally.
- Make and sell flavoured popcorn. You can easily cook popcorn in a lidded pan on the hob if you don’t have a popcorn maker, add your own unique flavourings and sell packs. Do this as part of a larger event to maximise the money you are able to raise.
- Get Fruity by supplying fruit (or veg) to your friends or family. Take orders each week and then order from a local farm shop or fruit and vegetable distributor. You can collect or have the orders delivered for you to distribute.
- If you are a budding Master Chef, create a Recipe Book and sell it to friends and family. Why not think about making it a fairtrade recipe book? Sell it around Mother’s Day or Christmas. Why not set up a Recipe Swap? Cook up a number of dishes and host an evening to share and swap your favourite recipes.
- Get together with friends and prepare and sell different dishes from around the world on World Food Day, 16 October.
- Organise a simple lunch with a difference – a Rich Man, Poor Man Meal sees a small number of randomly chosen people get an upgrade from a simple lunch to a sit down meal to help demonstrate inequality in the world today.
All these Food fundraising ideas are pretty simple to run and can be really profitable…
Just make sure you use the ones that suit your skills and will be popular amongst your members and supporters!