Where to go on your Pilgrimage.
You can make your pilgrimage anywhere but there is something special about walking a path that has been well trodden by others. Here are some suggestions for recognised walks that you might like to try.
- Abbey Trail – Kirkstall Abbey, Leeds to Whitby Abbey, Whitby, 116 miles
- St Albans Way – Waltham Abbey, Essex to St Alban’s Cathedral, St Albans, 25 miles
- The Way of St Andrews – Eight Pilgrimage Ways across Scotland each finishing at St Andrews Cathedral.
- Augustine Camino – St Andrew’s Cathedral, Rochester to The Shrine of St Augustine, Ramsgate, 68 miles
- St Bega’s Way – St Bee’s Priory on the Cumbrian Coast to the Church of St Bega on the shore of Bassenthwaite Lake, 36 miles
- Bridlington Priory – Beverley Minster to Bridlington Priory, 37 miles
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Walk – A circular walk around Wallingford, Oxfordshire, 25 miles
- The Borders Abbey’s Way – A circular walk passing 4 historic abbeys in Scottish Border towns, 64.5 miles
- Our Lady Of Caversham Pilgrimage – Windsor to Caversham, 35 miles
- St Cedd’s Pilgrimage – A figure of eight walk starting and finishing at St Peter’s Church, Southminster, Essex, 22 miles
- The Cistercian Way – Four routes around Wales linking all of the Cistercian abbeys, 650 miles
- Cornish Celtic Way – Priory Church, St Germans to St Michael’s Mount, Cornwall, 125 miles
- St Cuthbert’s Way – Melrose Abbey, Melrose, Scotland to Lindesfarne, Northumberland 62.5 miles
- St Edmund Way – Manningtree, Essex to Brandon, Norfolk, 79 miles
- Essex Priory Way – Point Clear to St Botolph’s Priory, Colchester, 20 miles
- The John Bunyan Trail – A circular walk from Bedford in memory of the author of The Pilgrim’s Progress, 86 miles
- John Schorne Peregrination – A walk around Buckinghamshire in memory of a holy man said to have trapped Satan in a boot, 27 miles
- St Magnus Way – A walk across mainland Orkney inspired by St Magnus, 55 miles
- Paulinus Way – Todmorden on the Yorkshire/Lancashire border to York, 87 miles
- Peak Pilgrimage – Ilam, Staffordshire to St Lawrence Parish Church, Eyam, Derbyshire, 39 miles
- Pilgrims Way – Winchester to Canterbury,
- The Thames Pilgrim Way – Radcot Bridge, Oxfordshire to the Magna Carta Memorial at Runnymede, Surrey, 104 miles
- Two Saints Way – Chester Cathedral to Lichfield Cathedral, 92 miles
We have not completed these walks ourselves, but as we do, or as other 2:52 Challenge members do, we will tell you about our experiences.